Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday in the City | 2

This first week has just flown by! I am settling in at my job and everyone seems really nice.

This weekend I went to Brooklyn to visit my cousin and did some exploring there. Went to a barbecue in Bushwick, then to brunch at Tandem and the Brooklyn Museum today for the Ai Wei Wei exhibit.  The chair and table pieces are amazing every single time I see them!

And surprise! There was also a giant Swoon installation that was just mind-blowing.  I've only seen her wheat paste work (there was one around the corner from my house in Tallahassee when she came for an artist talk), but the addition of paper cuts, two ships (that she actually floated down the Hudson in!) and a SEVETY-FOOT TALL tree made from hand-dyed fabrics was so, so magical.  I would just die if I ever ran into her on the New York streets. Now I've got the itch for some collaging and paper cutting...




No comments:

Post a Comment