Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday in the City | 1

If you haven't been following me on Facebook, you will be surprised to find out that I packed up my little art room in little Tallahassee and moved myself up to the big city - NYC!  Yes, of course I have only been here for five hours, but I'm already feeling renewed inspiration in my bones.


I used to blog about both my art and my personal growth as an artist, but that slowly faded in my later years of undergrad after being bogged down with extensive projects, and we all know the blocks that I've been having this past year making new and exciting pieces that mean something.  I think that this transition in my life needs to be documented (and my aunt has been pushing me to blog a bit more), so I'm going to try to sit down each Sunday and figure out everything that I've learned about myself, art and this great city that I'm now a part of.

So for today, it was a lot of traveling.  A long layover in Milwaukee reflecting alone at an airport Chili's to a lost bag that made the trip all the way to San Fransisco.  My uncle picked me up from LaGuardia and we did a quick tour (several detours actually, due to a malfunctioning Garmin) of Bushwick and had dinner at a lovely hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant (the first of many hole-in-the-walls to come, I'm sure).  A drive through Times Square led to one of my fave rappers getting out of the taxis in front of us (SAMMY ADAMS) and we landed in the Upper West Side at the apartment I'll be staying at until I find a permanent location later this summer.  It reminds me of the Princess House and is nice and cozy, filled with colorful art that reminds me of pieces the Jealous Curator would love, and two cute kitties that I will make love me. 

I can't wait to get up and explore tomorrow.  And that's something I haven't said in a really long time. 

"Hello, I live here."

No comments:

Post a Comment